Sunday, January 2, 2022

The Battle of Bukit Batok

Hello everyone. it has been quite a while since I did a post here and I do apologise for this.
I have been working on a video production all about the Battle of Bukit Batok.
I have also received many leads from you readers for new articles like photos of the former estate band, the Pest Infested, a series of of photos of the old HDB Hillview Estate, and I have also yet to publish the unseen photos of the Hillview Mansion interior. I will do this all later this year.

I would like to share with you my latest video production about the war that occurred in 1942 around the Hillview/Bukit Batok region. 

While many of you may have learnt in school or heard about the Battle for Singapore, Bukit Timah is often mentioned. Yet many do not really know where in Bukit Timah the actual battles took place. There is a heritage marker on Bukit Timah Hill itself but it wasn't only on the hill itself that the British army fought the Japanese army.

So my video was to focus on one of the battles that took place here at Bukit Batok, a fact many people don't realise, and were shocked to learn that more than 1,000 British soldiers died around here, especially for those still living in the area.

Do enjoy the show, you are most welcome to give me your comments and please help to support my video channel by giving it a 'Like' and share the video with your friends.
Wishing you all a happy and blessed new year 2022, and continue to stay safe.

Please click the picture


Please click on the link here if you are unable to continue from the above photo.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the excellent video James, very comprehensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for painstakingly chronicling the history of Hillview. I have lived in this estate for the last 10 years. Hope to show my children these historical landmarks and stories.

    ReplyDelete