Saturday, August 18, 2012

The new neighbours.

I guess it's a bit of a misnomer as the old P.E. Estate is no longer there.
The original site of P.E.E. is still lying in fallow today even after the demolition since the mid 1990s.

However, the surrounding areas have seen tremendous changes.
Hillview has become one of the more sought after 'mass market' condominium belts.
It will get livelier with the coming on-stream of the Hillview MRT Station and the new mall being built.

This was in today's Straits Times newspaper.

Click on photo fo enlarged view.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, great blog you have here. I was born in Hillview Estate in 1981, and I'm wondering you have any info/post or photos of the HDB blocks near the roundabout at Hillview Avenue during the 80's? Will be very reminiscent for me and my parents as it was their first HDB flat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello iewaij,
      I have a few articles in this blog about the HDB Estate, pls search the index. I also have finished a new article on the HDB Hillview Estate with many photos but I am waiting for permission to use some of those photos. It will show some of the housing blocks there. Please return soon ti see if it has been published later.

      Delete